Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Cross-related regions and pages

Hi there!

I wonder if anyone could shed some light on how to solve a certain challenge using the Perch's logic:

We have a folder called Products that holds separated pages for each of the products. Products share one page template. On another page there are People ( managers ) listed as multi-region, that should have assigned a single product to them. Ideally, we would like to pick a product from the list ( data select ) when adding or editing each Person. When product is assigned to a person, the information should be displayed both at assigned product's page and People's page.

I am not sure if I have described the situation well but I guess this is a question regarding communicating, aggregating and transmiting data across the pages or templates.

Questions:

• How to aggregate a certain value from many pages to a single content region?

• How to read and respond to a region value from one page to another?

• Is it better to have dynamic pages ( one file for all the pages such as blog post ) or having physical file for each for our case

• When going down the dynamic pages solution, how to deal with page attributes such as meta tags?

Thanks a lot for any kind of help or direction, Damian

Damian Drozdowicz

Damian Drozdowicz 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That sounds like Relationships: https://docs.grabaperch.com/runway/relationships/

Are you using Perch or Runway?

Damian Drozdowicz

Registered Developer

Hi Drew,

It's a standard version. I have seen Relationships at Runway it does resemble what we are trying to achieve. Is there a way this could be somehow mirrored at the standard version, ie. via API? Surely there are some alternatives although more cumbersome than Relationships method.

Thanks for any help.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The closest you'll get is using a dataselect to create the relationship, but you'll then need to query for the related content as you display it.

Damian Drozdowicz

Registered Developer

I will look at it. Thanks for you time!