Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Editor can't remove image from Blog, Admin can.

An Editor can see the "remove" checkbox to delete images uploaded to a Blog post, but when they click on SAVE the image remains there. As an Admin, if I do the same, it works and the image is removed.

I have checked the permissions for editor and ticked everything on (just in case) for Blog, but no joy.

They don't have delete control in Pages for regions, pages etc.

Basic diagnostics below:

Perch: 2.5.4, PHP: 5.3.27, MySQL: 5.1.70, with MySQLi Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.5.4), assets (2.5.4), perch_blog (4.0.3) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /cms PERCH_PATH: /home/blumenth/public_html/cms PERCH_CORE: /home/blumenth/public_html/cms/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home/blumenth/public_html/cms/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 128M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/blumenth/public_html REQUEST_URI: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /cms/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Any ideas?

Stuart Farrell

Stuart Farrell 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are they trying to remove the image before it's been added?

Bit hard to say, but they did say it was after it was published (saved)... I will get them to try again to make sure.

This is def. happening... They have almost full control but not quite, even gave them Page Delete ability as an Editor and they can UPDATE an image, so replace it with a new one, but can't tick remove and save to delete it??

Has no one else reported this issue?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No, they haven't however you are running an older version of Perch so I'd suggest updating as a first step. Assets is pretty new so lots of things have been fixed in each release.

If you are still seeing the issue in 2.6.6 then let us know.