Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Questions regarding Perch's capability

Hi,

I've used Perch a few times but for mainly simple sites and I'm wondering if I can use it for a client who is a residential developer. Could you let me know if the points below are possible in Perch? This will help me decide whether I go with Perch or use WordPress to develop it on (although I'd prefer Perch for speed and simplicity!).

• Image cropping: Is it possible to set up a pre-defined size to crop an image that allows the user to move the image around the crop container to select the best possible crop? (rather than an automatic crop)
  • Custom search and filters: Is it possible to have multiple filters within a search, so that the user can select 'number of beds', 'price range' and 'location' or 'post code', that would target all properties?
  • Custom categories: Is it possible to create categories that will allow me to define properties by type, number of bedrooms, etc.
  • And finally, would there be a way to relate content (possibly with categories again)? So say I have a development plot, can I add property listings that would belong to that parent plot?

Thanks, Phil

Philip Gwynne

Philip Gwynne 1 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

• Image cropping: Is it possible to set up a pre-defined size to crop an image that allows the user to move the image around the crop container to select the best possible crop? (rather than an automatic crop)

Not currently.

• Custom search and filters: Is it possible to have multiple filters within a search, so that the user can select 'number of beds', 'price range' and 'location' or 'post code', that would target all properties?

Yes.

• Custom categories: Is it possible to create categories that will allow me to define properties by type, number of bedrooms, etc.

Yes.

• And finally, would there be a way to relate content (possibly with categories again)? So say I have a development plot, can I add property listings that would belong to that parent plot?

Yes.

Brilliant, thanks for the quick reply Drew!