Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Wholesale only website

Hello, I am hoping to build a Perch website using the Shop add-on for a wholesale only website. These are the requirements from the customer. I've had a search around but wasn't sure on some, can you provide some insight?

1. Customers need to be added via the backend, there will be no frontend registration process. Is this possible?

2. Discount codes for varying percentages look like they are straight forward?

3. Inventory:

a. They hope to display available units on the frontend of the website. Is this possible?

b. Ideally they would like to be able to sync the inventory levels with a 3rd party system they use. I doubt we could do this? Is there a product import feature that would overwrite inventory levels?

Thank you for your help.

Brad Hardinge

Brad Hardinge 0 points

• 5 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Customers need to be added via the backend, there will be no frontend registration process. Is this possible?

Yes.

Discount codes for varying percentages look like they are straight forward?

Yes.

They hope to display available units on the frontend of the website. Is this possible?

Yes.

Ideally they would like to be able to sync the inventory levels with a 3rd party system they use. I doubt we could do this?

I can't speak to your ability, but it should be doable with some basic scripting.

Is there a product import feature that would overwrite inventory levels?

Not yet, but it's on the roadmap.