Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Hosting

php upgrade?

Hi,

We have a site running Perch: 2.8.3 and there server running PHP: 5.5.38. We want to update the hosting to php v7. Would any update be required on perch for this?

Thanks

Mike

PHP 5.5.38 is up to date
MySQL 5.5.57-0+deb7u1-log is up to date
Image processing available
Perch: 2.8.3, PHP: 5.5.38
Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi
nstalled apps: content (2.8.3), assets (2.8.3), categories (2.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_gallery', );
PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 64M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
Michael Kashioulis

Michael Kashioulis 0 points

• 4 years ago

No you will not have to upgrade perch to 3.0.x but you should do a back up as it's better to be safe than sorry.

You should consider testing your dev site with perch 3.0 and update it sometime in the near future to prevent falling too far behind in the update cycle.

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

I think you may need to be up to 2.8.34 - there was an issue with PHP7 and licence checking that was accounted for in 2.8.3x something.

As Robert says, it's probably best to try on a dev copy first - and if you get up to 2.8.34, it's fairly trivial to go up to 3.0

Thanks both. Havent used perch in quite a while. Whats the process to updaging to 2.8.34?

Yes, sorry. I had forgotten about that and should have advised to bring perch up 2.8.34 as well.

All you need to do is update perch/core with files from current 2,8,34

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

Exactly as Robert says.

I would also advise you to quickly scan through the release notes from 2.8.3 onwards - there were some updates to one of the editors too (markitup?) that fixed a security issue?

If you haven't already got it, you can download 2.8.34 from your Perch account area.

Thanks all. This worked perfectly :)