Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members

Users have their own page

Hello,

I am planning a new website project and require a certain feature.

Members will be able to edit their listing page. They will only have access to the single page with set regions. An administrator will create the member login, then issue them with the login URL. Is this idea of each user having access to a single editable page possible with perch?

I am learning laravel alongside developing websites with Perch (which I am pretty familiar with). I thought that I may have to develop this feature separately using Laravel, does anyone have any suggestions for this before I take the plunge with Perch Runway?

Thanks

Adam Menczykowski

Adam Menczykowski 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The Members app will manage accounts, authentication, sessions and so on. That provides a basis that you could hook other functionality on top.

There's nothing specific in the app to do the exact thing you need, but that could be added on top of the Members functionality as a separate app. An example of this is how the app forms the basis of the customer accounts for the new Shop app.

Great thanks Drew... So it's a building block and I can create their profiles on top of the account. Sweet.

After posting I read through the docs and realised that it's just what I need.

Cheers, Adam