Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Field-Types

But the staff members are put in a perch collection to link them to the branches so theres no where to select a master page is there only a region?

Or is it automatically taking the master page from the parent page which is branch.php

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's whichever page has that route assigned. That's the page that serves requests for the matching URL.

Ok that makes sense now but is there anyway i can change the master page template it uses or not?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you can change it in the page options or details.

Yeah but if i change the parent master page then the child page will have the right master template but the parent page wont if you get me?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I don't, no. If they need to be two different pages, then that's how you should configure it, rather than pointing both routes to the same page.

Ahh right i get it now. I have the pages working and loading but now im getting this for every region in the template and no content is being pulled through:

<!-- Undefined content: Staff Info -->
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Are your regions on that page?

Yeah i have regions on the template but those ones like…

<?php perch_content('Staff Info') ?>
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Is the region content on the same page, or has the page path now changed?

Well the content that supposed to fill the regions is added in the perch collection for staff

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the content is in a collection then you need to display it from the collection. It won't appear in any regions.

Ahh thats what i thought. Im just trying to filter the collection by each staff member now

Yes finally got it working!

Sorry this took so long im new to perch runway but thank you for all your help

Cheers!