Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

How to pull address from members app for shop

If I have created a new member in the perch back office, complete with address and then the user logs in and purchases from the store, how do I pull the address details to add to the order. Currently, for a member named Jo Bloggs, under an order it will only say:

Billing Address: Jo Bloggs Shipping Address: Jo Bloggs

But not include the actual address

Lisa Morena

Lisa Morena 1 points

• 5 years ago

Just out of interest. If you complete the transaction, then go back and get yourself back to the - Billing Address: Jo Bloggs Shipping Address: Jo Bloggs - stage. Does it now show the addresses?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

In the Orders app, if you click on the invoice number it will display full order details, customer details, order items and any additional fields set on the order.

Well, it wasn't, but it is sorted now. I had created the members (without addresses) then isntalled shop and tested a few things out and then added the addresses to the members so the shop app wasn't picking up the addresses.

Had to delete shop customers, then the members and start afresh with a new member. Just as well I was only testing it all out with a couplr of members!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Remember that Members is managing your user authentication accounts only. It doesn't have any association with addresses for Shop.

OK, so what I find now is that if I edit the address for the member, then the next time they place an order, the address is not updated for the new order.

How can I make this work? I need to be able to create the member first so that I can set tags to allow them access to certain parts of the shop.

If I do not add the address to the members app, but instead let the user add their own address on first checkout (can that be done for a logged in user?) then I also need a place where they or I can update that address whenever needed.

I thought that the shop app used the members app, so I am confused why updating the member info doesn't update the customer info. Also if I edit the name or email address for the customer under the shop app, the member details are not updated.

Sorry, I just saw your reply. OK so what abouts this bit then:

Lisa Morena said:

If I do not add the address to the members app, but instead let the user add their own address on first checkout (can that be done for a logged in user?) then I also need a place where they or I can update that address whenever needed.

How do I go about adding a shop address for a logged in user? The examples I have seen are for new users

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

OK, thanks. Will take a look