Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Configuration, Hosting

Error when uploading site for testing.

I want to test a new version of a site and it seems work locally in my vagrant environment but when I upload the site, I get a errors when trying to access the admin. I've tried everything I can think of, but it seems unable to connect to the database correctly for some reason, which is strange because in my first test everything went smoothly enough.

These are the errors I get when trying to login at https://charthamvh.co.uk/perch/ :

Warning: session_start(): open(/tmp/sess_f3ed128298538e5d0654fb1f7bf632f6, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php:9) in /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php:9) in /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php:9) in /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/inc/auth.php on line 47

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php:9) in /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/inc/top.php on line 15

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/lib/PerchSession.class.php:9) in /home/cvh/public_html/perch/core/inc/top.php on line 16

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_f3ed128298538e5d0654fb1f7bf632f6, O_RDWR) failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0
Michael Levett

Michael Levett 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No space left on device 

Your disk is full!

Well yeah so it says, but it actually isn't lol. My disk is at 33% capacity and I'm able to upload an older version of the site with a similar size DB that works fine.

That's part of the reason I'm so confused :P

Current Disk Usage
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vda1        30G  9.2G   19G  33% /
tmpfs           936M     0  936M   0% /dev/shm
/usr/tmpDSK     1.2G  377M  744M  34% /tmp
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Have you spoken to your host?

I'm checking with them now, but things look okay on my VPS to me. Never had a similar error before.

I usually use WordPress or Joomla and I'm also trying my hand at using vagrant for my local hosting environment for the first time as well as running my own VPS so it's extremely possible that I have made a mistake somewhere, I just need to figure out where.

Update

It turns out that it was the /tmp that was causing the server to whine. I cleared that and there's no more disk errors. However I must have done something wrong because I still get a "Cannot connect to database" error.

I still have no insight as to why the DB can't connect though. All the config info to connect looks correct, the db name, user, password etc.

Do you think I could have exported the DB incorrectly? I'm using adminder locally, perhaps my settings were wrong?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Did you get a pass from the server compatibility test?

update 2

Seems like my host was experiencing server wide issues and there I was wondering for hours what I was doing wrong *facepalm .

They fixed the issues and now everything works like magic. So on to the next tests!

Sorry for wasting you time Drew and thank you for your help.