Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error, Events

Adding an event produces the PHP blank page

I've just updated Perch to 2.6 and the Event app to 1.9 to go with it.

Unfortunately, now when I go to add an event and click save, I get a blank white page with the URL or /perch/addons/apps/perch_events/edit/

Have I missed something when updating Perch and the Events app?

I thought the issue may have been down to putting the site live, but I have the issue both on the live site and my local development version.

Westley Knight

Westley Knight 1 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

A blank page means you have a PHP error.

Look in your error log to see what the actual PHP error is, if that doesn't help post it here so we can help you.

https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/why-am-i-getting-a-blank-page

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the reply, but I can't seem to find where my PHP error log is.

I'm using XAMPP on OSX, have tried setting the paths in both the php.ini file and through .htaccess but have had no luck in recording the PHP error.

This issue is occurring in the Events app in the CMS. I get a white screen of death when I click save after editing a pre-existing event or when attempting to create a new one. I don't seem to have any problems in creating pages, just in administering events.

None of my config has been changed since the Events app was working before I updated Perch to 2.6 and the Events app to 1.9.

Could a PHP error possibly come from something in a template I've created?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I don't know what the error could be from, probably the best thing is to find out from XAMPP how to locate your error log then you can see.

OK, I finally managed to track down the PHP error. Here it is:

[Fri Aug 22 20:06:10 2014] [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Class 'Textile' not found in /home/linweb22/e/epl-uk.co.uk-1076728784/user/htdocs/perch/addons/apps/perch_events/PerchEvents_Events.class.php on line 465

Line 465 in PerchEvents_Events.class.php is:

if (!class_exists('\\Netcarver\\Textile\\Parser', false) && class_exists('Textile', true)) { 
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you on the latest version of Events?

I believe so. Events is version 1.9 and Perch is 2.6.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you show me your diagnostics report?

Hi Drew,

I added the debug line back in to my config and it looks like Perch hadn't updated despite the files being updated.

Adding in the debug line forced through the update and all is now working.

Thanks!