Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

2.8.13 perch_pages_title() returns same title after PerchSystem::set_page

Can't make heads or tails of this one. Updated from Perch 2.6 to 2.8.13 on a single page site that makes extensive use of PerchSystem::set_page() and perch_pages_title(). Pre-update the page titles were returned/displayed as expected. Post-update the perch_pages_title() calls all return/display the same page title. Page regions display as expected, as set by the set_page() function.

The page title returned was the first page in Perch at the time of update. Changing the page order doesn't affect which is the one page title returned. Tried re-saving page options and republishing all the regions.

Probably there is something that needed to be updated along with the rest but I can't figure out what it is.

Perch: 2.8.13, PHP: 5.4.42, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_mailchimp (1.0.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: .../www/admin
PERCH_CORE: .../www/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: .../www/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: md.dev
DOCUMENT_ROOT:.../www
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Kirk Roberts

Kirk Roberts 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You've got a really strange value for PERCH_PATH. If you're on a Mac that should be at most a ../ but never .../.

Sorry, I added the ellipses manually to hide my path. Didn't seem like it would matter for this and I felt self-conscious about exposing my folder names/structure.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So this happened somewhere between 2.6 and 2.8.13?

Yes, not sure of the 2.6.x version, but it was a one-shot upgrade to 2.8.13.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, thanks, we'll take a look into it.

Great, thanks.

It seems that the first PerchSystem::set_page() call is indelibly setting the page as far as perch_pages_title() calls go. Looks like PerchSystem::get_page_object() is returning that first page set, even if another PerchSystem::set_page() call has been issued for a different page. Not sure if that is helpful for the investigation.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think the changes probably came in with Perch 2.7

Just raised the same issue as hadn't seen this, was there any closure on this? Is it a bug? Is there a fix planned / workaround?