Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

file paths for pages from master pages

Hi Rachel/Drew, Previously in perch I’ve been creating new pages from master pages following the process of submitting page details with page title, navigation text and file name and master page selection. Then editing the file path location to move it to a specific directory and checking the move file to this location option. This had worked exactly as expected, moving the file and changing the include file path in the file accordingly. But now the include file path does not update. I’ve tested on a fresh install and still the same. Retested the same process on an older local development with Perch: 2.8.34 which works fine and does rewrite the include path. Obviously I can update the path manually, but wondering whether it should rewrite automatically or not?

Perch: 3.0.9, PHP: 5.6.12, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
    Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
    Installed apps: content (3.0.9), assets (3.0.9), categories (3.0.9)
    App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ ];
    PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
    PERCH_PATH: /Sites/localhost/oos/perch
    PERCH_CORE: /Sites/localhost/oos/perch/core
    PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Sites/localhost/oos/perch/resources
    Image manipulation: GD
    PHP limits: Max upload 128M, Max POST 128M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 128M
    F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
    Resource folder writeable: Yes
    HTTP_HOST: on-off-states.local
    DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Sites/localhost/oos/
    REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
    SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
kirsten edwards

kirsten edwards 0 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The behaviour should be the same, but I'm unsure of the steps your following. Could you give me a list of steps you're following?

Hi Drew, yes, I the steps I’m following are:

Add a new page and filling out the page detail options for Page title, Navigation text, File name, Master page and submitting this. Then going to the location tab and setting the file path to move it to a specific directory and checking the Move the page to this location option. In both cases, the file is moved. But whereas previously the include path would be rewritten accordingly:

include(str_replace('/', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, 'perch/templates/pages/blog/index.php')); ?>

changing to

include(str_replace('/', DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '../perch/templates/pages/blog/index.php')); ?>

now it remains the same. It does still get rewritten as above in the Perch: 2.8.34 installation

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, we'll take a look.