[webimage]
image/gif
image/jpeg
image/jpg
image/JPG
image/png
image/svg+xml
image/webp

I'm running Runway 3.0.9 and find that I cannot load any image file with a JPG extension.

I renamed one of the image file names from "image.JPG" to "image.jpg", and then was I able to upload the image.

I discovered the problem after I attempted to upload the file in my local environment and still could not upload until I changed the file extension to lowercase. Then I attempted to upload the modified file to my live environment and the asset uploaded with no problem.

Any ideas why this could be occurring?

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, I think it would be because the file has an uppercase file extension. Where is it coming from?

So far, when uploading from an image field in the blog app and uploading directly from the assets app.

Haven't tried from a textarea editor yet. But it is the only extension type, all others working fine.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Where are the files coming from? Can you not correct them before uploading?

Oh, sorry I misunderstood. They're coming from the Client's camera. They are uploading the files, so I've asked them to change the extension before uploading.

Unfortunately, I think most clients are used to the simplicity Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and so on offers today, where they upload pretty much anything and they don't have to remove extra filename periods or change the letter-casing of the file extensions. This is done for them.

So while I have asked them and the help text has now expanded a bit more to include this reminder, we're left with the question of "why can we do it on another platform, but not here?".

I just wanted to know if there was something I could do.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

The file extension is used when the mime type can't be read. So the place to look might be your finfo configuration on the server.

Joshua,

I have the same issue. Did you ever resolve it - and, if so, how? I'd be really grateful if you could share.

Thanks.