Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Error Creating Pages

Hello,

I have a website on a live server from where I tried to create a new page, using a master template I have used before during development and had no problem with. When I created the page I got a blank screen. I went back to my website admin and saw the page was listed and regions created for it as expected, but when I try to access Page Options, I again get a blank page.

I checked my PHP error log and I have two instances of this error.

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected '[', expecting ')' in /cms/core/apps/content/modes/page.edit.pre.php on line 134

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thank you, Joshua

Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Which version of PHP are you running?

PHP Version 5.3.6

I have the following error in my PHP log from when I created the page:

[27-Aug-2014 15:41:50] PHP Warning:  strpos() [<a href='function.strpos'>function.strpos</a>]: Empty delimiter in /cms/core/apps/content/PerchContent_Pages.class.php on line 818

...and the error I mentioned earlier follows after that one. I'm thinking this one was when I created the page, and the previously mentioned error is from when I tried to access Page Options.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Looks like some PHP 5.4 syntax has crept in there. I'll get it fixed.

If you have the option to easily switch PHP versions on your hosting, that'll solve it in the meantime.

Ok great.

Unfortunately I don't have that option yet. The latest version they offer is 5.3.6 until 2015, or so they informed me. I'm thinking I can create the page on the development version on my local machine and upload it to the server and manually set the regions in Perch. I am doing a live webinar demo for my client's users and just need a demo page to work from temporarily.

Thanks Drew

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

This has been fixed for today's release.

Great! You're quick! I'll give it a go once I download/install the update.

Thank you so much Drew