Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Delays When Adding Regions

Hi,

Diagnostics Report at the footer of this message.

When I am adding regions or content areas to my PHP page, such as:

<?php perch_content('Footer Contact Info'); ?>

it is taking quite a long time (sometimes over an hour) for these to display in Admin - is there anything I or my hosting people need to adjust?

Diagnostics Report

Perch: 3.0.8, PHP: 5.6.30, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 76b08b24596e12d4553bd41fc93cccd5bac2fe7a $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, fpm-fcgi
Installed apps: content (3.0.8), assets (3.0.8), categories (3.0.8), perch_blog (5.6.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ); ?>
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/vhosts/clockwork-design.co.uk/dev.clockwork-design.co.uk/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/vhosts/clockwork-design.co.uk/dev.clockwork-design.co.uk/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/vhosts/clockwork-design.co.uk/dev.clockwork-design.co.uk/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 2M, Max POST 8M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 2M
F1: 0c66c2e1f82f9e0b7617b2cb8270f2c7
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: dev.clockwork-design.co.uk
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/vhosts/clockwork-design.co.uk/dev.clockwork-design.co.uk
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Chris Jones

Chris Jones 0 points

• 4 years ago

Chris, This should be instant, as in when the page reloads the region should have been created.

Are you noticing any other slowing on your installation?

EDIT: Are you reloading (visiting the actual page after region creation)?

Chris, I wanted to clarify...

When you create a new region on a page... after you save and upload the changes you then would need to visit the actual page where the region is expected to appear (refresh the page, just in case it's a cached page).

Now when you go back to Perch, Click on the Page in the page listing and your new region should be there.... The newly created region will not appear just by creating it on the page, the page must be viewed at least once for the region to appear in the Admin Listing.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I am reloading the page, both in Admin and the webpage. I haven't noticed any other slowing using Perch - just a few times there seems to be a delay after I've added a region - in the last instance was more then an hour.

Possibly a hosting issue? - perhaps cached data on the server may be causing the problem?

Hi Robert,

Regarding your clarification. Pretty sure I had done that. I'll give it a try adding a new region now. I'll keep an eye on it and let you know what happens.

Could you look into my other thread 'Repeating Info Already Added' too?

The admin panel really shouldn't be suffering from cache issues, the front end could, but a refresh should eliminate the cache, but that's no guarantee.

Hi Robert,

I've just added a region, <?php perch_content('Non Heating Feed'); ?> to my index.php file at 15:58. I've visited the page and refreshed and checked in Perch Admin and it has appeared straight away this time. I'll keep an eye on this and let you know if it happens again and the time delay.