Forum

Thread tagged as: Runway, Shop

Perch Runway/Shop feature request...

Hi,

A client is finding it difficult to navigate the orders list as the orders have grown to over 10 pages in the Perch admin... A couple things that would be nice:

I think it would be better if the sorting of the customers was by last name rather than first.

Maybe a way to select a letter of the alphabet to go to customers whose last name begin with that letter.

Also, the search item and icon show in the header of the orders page... It would be nice if that search was able to search the orders.

Just so thoughts...

Thanks, Monty

Monty Lewis

Monty Lewis 2 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You should be able to click the column headings to change the sort order. Is that not working for you?

No, that works. But the sort is by first name in regards to the customers. I feel like the sort should be by last name.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you capturing those as distinct fields?

wait. just to be clear, I'm talking about the functioning of the list of orders in perch shop... the listing has the composite name of the customer (customerName)... and sorts by customerName... which results in an alphabetical listing by first name when the customer column head is clicked. I'm just suggesting that the sorting would make more sense if it sorted by customerLastName...

So I think I'm talking about the default behavior of Shop in Runway...

so in orders.list.post.php:

$Listing->add_col([
            'title'     => 'Customer',
            'value'     => 'customerName',
            'sort'      => 'customerLastName',
        ]);

instead of:

$Listing->add_col([
            'title'     => 'Customer',
            'value'     => 'customerName',
            'sort'      => 'customerName',
        ]);

And if you do make this change, show the name in the column as LastName, FirstName

Oh and then I think it would be great if in the smart bar, there was something that allowed for the search of the orders by a user entered string...

thanks!