Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Error

Perch not working

Hi,

I have an account but since upgrading to 2.6.3 I can not load the site or the Perch login screen. When I downgrade to 2.4.9 the site will come up but no Perch content will load and the login screen asks for me to register again.

Can you please help?

Steven Camilleri.

Steven Camilleri

Steven Camilleri 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

What do you mean by "can not load"? What actually happens?

Sometimes the page is blank, other times it shows a Web page not available page. I will update Perch tomorrow and seems you a link so you can see.

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Then you have a PHP error, so have a look in the error log and see what it is: https://solutions.grabaperch.com/development/why-am-i-getting-a-blank-page

If seeing the error doesn't help, post it here.

Have a look at www.calvarybaptistcardiff.co.uk. The Perch login files so the same.

Steven.

Hi Steven, Perch 2.5+ requires PHP 5.3 - what version are you running?

If you don't know where your PHP errors logs are located you can ask your host and they should help you find them. People can't help you solve the issue without knowing what the specific errors are.

I am looking in the log file but do not see any error messages.

My PHP version is 5.2 I think.

I think that answer my question but what about my login and editable regions, when I downgrade it says I need to register again and all the editable regions are missing. I guess I have to start again.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You need to update to a current version of PHP.

I re registered and my editable regions came back. Until my web hosting company updates to the current version I will have to run Perch at the old version.

Thank you all for your help.