Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Need to specify database port

Hello,

I need to specify database server port when installing perch, but perch install wizard does not have port specification field. Any other way how to specify DB port ?

Thanks

Adam Ondrejkovič

Adam Ondrejkovič 0 points

• 4 years ago
Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

The config file may help you:

https://docs.grabaperch.com/perch/configuration/database/

If not, have you tried specifying the port number after the server name during setup:

localhost:port_no or ip_address:port_no

Only after installation in your config.production.php. Sorry.

define('PERCH_DB_PORT',       '12345');

Until Drew answers.

I have tried specifying the port number after the server name during setup, but no luck. I am geting " Unknown MySQL server host". I am 100% sure the host exists, as I use it on many other applications. Config file won't help me, because I can't even get past the installation.

Duncan Revell

Duncan Revell 78 points
Registered Developer

What more can you tell us about your mysql server? Is it local to the webserver, are you using an ip address or a host name?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The Runway installer has a port field if that's of any use.

Webserver using mariaDB 10.1, I am using host name (as It is only thing besides localhost that webhosting provider offers (localhost doesn't work either with perch)). Also tried server with mysql 5.7, no luck either.

Drew McLellan said:

The Runway installer has a port field if that's of any use.

I don't want to use runway though. I never thought that I'd have to run under default mysql port to launch perch and have zero opportunity to specify that port in the installation, if it's any different from default.

Any other suggestions ? Looks like I will have to look for another solution than perch.

Maybe It is because I'm testing perch on subdomain and have not bought license yet ? Might that be the problem ?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

If you create your own configuration file then you can specify the port there. Perch doesn't require the default port but we provide limited options at install of Perch in order to keep it simple - as you are the first person to request a different port in a Perch install, you can see why we choose not to include it.