Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Forms

Perch Forms Emails (attachments)

Hi,

So I have a working perch form (complete with file upload). The form stores the file correctly.

I have added email functionality to the form - the email sent automatically attaches the uploaded file (this is fine, I wanted that to happen anyway). However, the auto-response email (to the submitter of the form) also features a file attachment (even though the field of the file is NOT in the form email template for auto-response).

The template is a vey simple FYI which features email_subject and email_message fields. So why is this getting the file attachment? And how do I stop it?

Thanks for any help (email html template for auto-response included below, I'm on Perch 3 if that helps).

<html>
<head>
    <title><perch:email id="email_subject" /></title>
</head>
<body style="background:#eeeeee">
    <table align="center" width="600" style="width:600px;background:#ffffff;">
        <tr><td width="20"> </td><td width="560"><br /></td><td width="20"> </td></tr>
        <tr>
            <td width="20"> </td>
            <td width="560">
                <p style="color:#444444!important;"><font size="3"><perch:email id="email_message" encode="false" /></font></p>
            </td>
            <td width="20"> </td>
        </tr>
    <tr><td width="20"> </td><td width="560"><br /></td><td width="20"> </td></tr>
    </table>
</body>
</html>
Matthew Lymer

Matthew Lymer 1 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

That's a new one. I don't think it should get the attachment, but I'll have to look into it.

Thank you :) Ultimately, it's not the biggest of problem, as the send/receiver both have the right to see the files - but for anything more sensitive, this could be a problem.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It's a known issue that we're fixing in the next update.