Forum

Thread tagged as: Error

Select & Radio fields display value instead of nice label

Hello,

I'm not sure when this changed, but for a multiple-item region with the Item List Columns defined in Region Options, if a field was a Select or Radio type, the nice label would display and not the value of the field. The reverse seems to be happening now.

For example, if YouTube Video is selected, the Media Type column of my items will display ytvideo instead of YouTube Video. The same occurs with a radio type field.

<perch:content id="mediaType" type="select" label="Media Type" options="YouTube Video|ytvideo, Vimeo Video|vmvideo, Photo Album|album" />
Joshua Rodriguez

Joshua Rodriguez 2 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It should work for the radio field, but I'd be surprised if it was implemented for the YouTube field.

Ok, so using another example:

In my template:

<perch:content id="entryCategory" type="radio" label="Publish To" options="News & Announcements|news,Homework & Assignments|assign"  required="true" />

This is what is shown when editing an item:

edit-item

Which is working properly and showing the nice label, instead of the value. But when viewing the items listing for this multiple-item region, instead of the nice label, the value appears:

item-listing

Hopefully this helps to clarify what I mean. I've only seen it happening for Select and Radio fields.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ok, we'll log it to take a look at.

Ok, thanks Drew.