Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Editors can't edit Categories

I'm using Categories for the first time and I'm sooo happy overall with it but ran into a snag. Editors can't edit Categories and I can't find any sort of Setting or Role attribute to allow them that privilege. There is no "Add category" button for them and clicking on any category title takes them back to the main category menu (e.g. the link might be /perch/core/apps/categories/edit/?id=15 but they end up on /perch/core/apps/categories/ ). Seems like a privilege issue, but I can't see where I might change that.

Can you point me in the right direction, please?

This is Perch 2.6.3 (has not been upgraded from a previous version).

Kirk Roberts

Kirk Roberts 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you try forcing an update?

/perch/core/update/?force=update

Okay, did that. First time it resulted in an Internal Server Error. Second time I got the expected Perch "successful update" screen. And now I can see the Categories options in User Privileges. Thanks!

One thing to add... didn't notice this at first, but now I see that many options have two or three instances: https://www.dropbox.com/s/27x9cskf2q70oo1/Screenshot%202014-09-02%2009.01.28.png?dl=0

How might that be remedied?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I'm not sure, I'll need to look into it.

Great, thank you. It would be nice to not have to directly manipulate the database, but if that's needed I can do it.

Sorry to be a bumper, but I'm curious if I can get closure on this somehow. If I'm on my own that's fine, but I'm hoping you'll have an easy answer to supply that hadn't occurred to me.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I've not been able to reproduce the issue yet.

All the duplicates are in the user_privileges table. Here's a screenshot of phpMyAdmin highlighting some of the duplicates (not all of them): https://www.dropbox.com/s/zd5ytm818hlkvbm/Screenshot%202014-09-15%2015.44.13.png?dl=0

Would it be "safe" to simply delete the duplicate rows?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes.

I understand the symptoms, I've just not been able to reproduce the cause :)

Sorry, were you saying Yes to Would it be "safe" to simply delete the duplicate rows?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, absolutely. Delete away.

Okay, did that. Hopefully all set on this one now. Thanks for your help!