Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Editors assets disappearing after upload

Hi,

I've finished building my first website that uses perch and I love it so far and my client also likes it too which is great.

Small problem though, when my client adds a new image asset, perch indicates the file is uploading/uploaded, but then nothing appears. The file they're trying to upload is a jpg/jpeg file.

Any ideas why this would happen? I've tried myself, as an admin, and I have no issues.

Lee Buckle

Lee Buckle 0 points

• 2 years ago
Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Lee,

I find this happens if the image the client is trying to upload is a particularly large file size.

The file still gets put into perch/resources but doesn't get processed, cropped, thumbnails and put into the assets list.

I often add a help attribute to my Perch image tags to advise the client saying something like 'Images should be at least 750px wide but no more than 3mb in size'

If that is indeed the issue, you may also be able to bump up the :

memory_limit

max_execution_time

max_input_time

post_max_size

Thanks Simon but it doesn't look like that's the case. I asked my them to send me the exact file they were trying to upload and it's only about 35kb and a jpeg.

I just uploaded the file without an issue so I'm still unsure why my client can't. They even showed me a screenshot of the upload success bar appearing above the assets box, but no image appearing,

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Ah, that's helpful of them.

In that case it will be worth posting your diagnostics to see if the team can see an issue.

Without sounding like I don't know what I'm doing, I'm not sure how to see diagnostics.

I found a temporary fix which might shed light on the situation.

As an Admin, the client can add photos. The region is set to be edited by everyone, admin and editor, so I don't know why this would have helped. Plus they were okay editing text.

Could there be something stopping them adding files to the server? But then again, adding text is editing files which I assume would have the same restrictions.