Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Addons, Blog

Is the Blog App separate from Categories function?

My client wants to add a blog into his site that I'm developing. I'm also planning to make extensive use of the categories function to display and organise their portfolio.

Is the Blog App completely separate from the categories function or does the categories element of the Blog App start to become mingled in with the categories function on the site and therefore start to get complicated in terms of structure as it does on Wordpress sites?

Andrew Areoff

Andrew Areoff 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Categories in Blog will become part of the Categories App but that should mean less complexity rather than more.

At the moment they are separate but Categories is part of the API so as apps are updated they will make use of centralized categories rather than each app having it's own implementation.

In simple terms does this cause complications with having a blog that uses categories and also categories used in a portfolio?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No there is no reason that it should. It would just save some data entry if the categories were the same and let you, for example, show things in a category that were in the blog and the portfolio - if you wanted to of course.