Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation

updating from 2.6.5 to Latest not running

attempting to update from 2.6.5 to latest is not running, also not helping when using /perch/core/update. I understand I am jumping from a 2 year old version to latest, am I missing something? When I login in it still tells me the install is old: 2.6.5

Matthew Owen

Matthew Owen 0 points

• 5 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

We would need to know the steps you have followed so far. Also can we see your Diagnostics Report?

HEALTH CHECK

Perch is out of date. You are running Perch 2.6.5 and the latest is 2.8.31. Update instructions PHP 5.6.23-0+deb8u1 is up to date MySQL 5.5.49-0+deb8u1 is up to date Image processing available Memory limit is low. Memory use is limited to 1M, which could cause problems manipulating large images. SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.6.5, PHP: 5.6.23-0+deb8u1, MySQL: 5.5.49, with PDO Server OS: Linux, apache2handler Installed apps: content (2.6.5), assets (2.6.5), categories (2.6.5), perch_blog (4.1), perch_events (1.9), perch_gallery (2.8.4), perch_members (1.0.3), perch_podcasts (1.0) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_members', 'perch_blog', 'perch_podcasts', 'perch_events', 'perch_gallery', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /var/www/homepage.d/test/perch PERCH_CORE: /var/www/homepage.d/test/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/homepage.d/test/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 256M, Max POST 256M, Memory: 1M, Total max file upload: 1M Resource folder writeable: Yes HTTP_HOST: test.sthoerfunk.de DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/test REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

I copied the core folder to the server and logged in.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Are you sure you've copied the files to the right place?

Hi Drew, yes in the Perch Folder, the server is telling me it was modified today...

Strongly enough it is happening with both the staging site and the production site. They are in subdomains on the same server

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you have a server side cache in place?

I can't answer that as the webmaster is elsewhere. Would / could this be causing the problem?

If I give ..../perch/core/update/ it jumps direct to the login page

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the diagnostics report is showing 2.6.5, then the web server is still serving 2.6.5 files.

My suspicion would be that somehow the web server isn't pointing to the folder you think it is. Whatever the cause, it's not something I can help you with - you'll need to speak to your host or server admin.

Hi Drew, I have checked the server is not running server side cache. The development site is updated to the latest the Production site is still not updating.

I have tried to force the update, no luck. I have copied, deleted, re-copied, re-deleted no luck

after looking at the two Databases the development DB has 43 tables and the Production 42, the one missing is Perch2_user_passwords.

What options do I have, can I run a new install without losing any data?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If the diagnostics report is showing 2.6.5, then the web server is still serving 2.6.5 files.

Hi Drew, Hi Rachel, seems it was my fault - I had not checked all my local settings. Sorry. Thank you kindly for your help though - you rock!