Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Installation

Runtime and Perch Content

Hello,

I am trying to add editable content to my website, normally once I have a runtime like below on my website I can just add perch_content to my page and all is good.

However for some reason this time I am having to place ../ before my run time and when I add perch_content to the site the page only half loads and no new editable area appears in the back-office.

Any ideas on a fix or away to test please?

<?php include('../perch/runtime.php');?>

<?php perch_content('form'); ?>

The editable region is for the contact form app

Thanks

Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson 0 points

• 6 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You would need to add a path like that if your page is in a directory, that is just a link to the perch runtime. If that link is incorrect then Perch is not going to work so you need to work out where Perch is and create a correct include link to it.

Hello,

Ok so from my host side of things everything goes into www.mywebsite.com / public_html /

This is the first time I am using this host and that structure. how would you advise setting out my runtime path?

The perch folder is /perch and that goes straight inside public_html /

Many Thanks

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

It depends where your file is that is including the runtime, it's just a relative link.

inside the standard perch folder

so if I understand you correctly it should be perch/runtime

problem is that brings up a blank page

<?php include('perch/runtime.php'); ?>

And this below code gives me half a page or to where the perch_content tag starts then its just blank

<?php include('../perch/runtime.php');?>
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

You don't put your files inside the Perch folder.

If you are getting a blank page then you have a PHP error so you need to look in your error log and find out what it is.