Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Text Editor is showing Content Regions as blank in the Admin, but they are showi...

Hi - I'm having a rather odd issue happening where my content for Text Blocks in the Perch editor is showing up as blank, but the content that was put in there is still showing up on the site.

I'm running MAMP on both my localdev and my sandbox server, and other sites running Perch in the same localdev / sandbox setup are not having this issue - it's only happening on this one site. This is also happening on the LIVE version of the site, so I don't think the issue is unique to my localdev or sandbox environments.

This site was running an older version of Perch (2.3 I believe) that has been updated to 2.8.13, I made sure to update the markitup editor as well, and I updated the text-blocks.html template to the most current just to be safe.

Note: it's actually happening with other content areas, but 80% of the content areas on my site are using text-blocks.html, so that's where I saw it first.

Here's the content of my text-blocks.html template:

<perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" markdown="true" editor="markitup" imagewidth="640" imageheight="480" />

Here's my Diagnostics Information:

Perch: 2.8.13, PHP: 5.5.23, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_events (1.6.1), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.5.1), perch_shop_foxycart (2), perch_blog (3.6.1), perch_twitter (2.0.2)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_comments', 'perch_events', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_members', 'perch_twitter', 'perch_shop_foxycart', );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch
PERCH_PATH: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: backslider.local:5757
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

When running debug in the admin, this is the output I get at the bottom of the screen:

Debug Message
SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='0d285f569703c817b655453b704525ce' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='95d7987ee2e2b38a83bedf88a5400f81' WHERE userID='1'
SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionID=555 LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pageID='95' LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=555 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC
SELECT MAX(itemID)+1 FROM perch2_content_items
SELECT itemOrder FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=555 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder DESC LIMIT 1
INSERT INTO perch2_content_items(itemID,regionID,pageID,itemRev,itemJSON,itemSearch,itemOrder) VALUES(294,'555','95','1','','',1000)
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE itemRowID=1 LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=555 AND itemRev=1 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC
Using template: /templates/content/text_block.html
Form not posted or did not validate
Queries: 14
Memory: 3.586

And when running debug on the page in question, this is the output I get in the debug area:

Your config/apps.php contains "perch_comments" but that app is not installed.
Your config/apps.php contains "perch_members" but that app is not installed.
SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/realestate/index.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC
Array
(
    [type] => 2
    [message] => include(): Failed opening '/Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch/addons/feathers/twitter/runtime.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.23/lib/php')
    [file] => /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch/config/feathers.php
    [line] => 3
)

Please let me know if you need any other info, or if I am not giving you enough diagnostic info.

Gregg Tomlinson

Gregg Tomlinson 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

A good place to start would be to address those errors.

Your config/apps.php contains "perch_comments" but that app is not installed.
Your config/apps.php contains "perch_members" but that app is not installed.

Thank you for pointing that out. I deleted those two lines out of the config/apps.php file (since those apps are not installed or needed on this site), made sure all apps were updated to the most recent versions, and it's still showing blank pages on the admin.

Here's the Diagnostic report...

SUMMARY INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.13, PHP: 5.5.23, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_blog (4.6), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_shop_foxycart (2), perch_twitter (3.5.1)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_events', 'perch_forms', 'perch_gallery', 'perch_twitter', 'perch_shop_foxycart', );
PERCH_PATH: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch
PERCH_CORE: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com/perch/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 32M
HTTP_HOST: backslider.local:5757
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/gtomlinson/Sites/www.burgerlounge.com
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/

Here's the debug info from the admin page...

Debug Message
SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='9f279b12ee03336dceb66a889048896d' LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='b1ea00839afc20044977661e47880f09' WHERE userID='1'
SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p
SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionID=529 LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_pages WHERE pageID='95' LIMIT 1
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=529 AND itemRev=5 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC
SELECT * FROM perch2_content_items WHERE regionID=529 AND itemRev=5 ORDER BY itemOrder ASC
Using template: /templates/content/text_block.html
Form not posted or did not validate
Queries: 9
Memory: 3.5943

And, here's the debug info from the page itself...

Debug Message
SELECT regionKey, regionHTML FROM perch2_content_regions WHERE regionPage='/realestate/index.php' OR regionPage='*' ORDER BY regionPage DESC

Please let me know if you need any other info, and thank you for looking at this!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

So do you get the fields but they have no content, or do get no fields?

I get the fields, but with no content. I can send you a screengrab or a screencast video if that would help.

Clarification: I can put all my content into the admin fields just fine, and they show up on the front side perfectly. But when I go back to the admin to edit the content, the content is all gone - but it still shows up on the front side. More than happy to either shoot a screencast of the issue, or give you access to my sandbox.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Can you post your extended diagnostics?

Of course - here you go...

Viewing Diagnostic Information
Diagnostics report
PERCH INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.13
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_blog (4.6), perch_events (1.9.2), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.8.6), perch_shop_foxycart (2), perch_twitter (3.5.1)
DB driver: PDO
DB tables: perch2_blog_authors, perch2_blog_categories, perch2_blog_comments, perch2_blog_posts, perch2_blog_posts_to_categories, perch2_blog_posts_to_tags, perch2_blog_tags, perch2_categories, perch2_category_counts, perch2_category_sets, perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_content_resources, perch2_events, perch2_events_categories, perch2_events_to_categories, perch2_forms, perch2_forms_responses, perch2_gallery_albums, perch2_gallery_image_versions, perch2_gallery_images, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resource_log, perch2_resource_tags, perch2_resources, perch2_resources_to_tags, perch2_settings, perch2_shop_categories, perch2_shop_log, perch2_shop_orders, perch2_shop_product_option_values, perch2_shop_product_options, perch2_shop_products, perch2_shop_products_to_categories, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users
Users: 6
App runtimes:
<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content', 
        'categories',
        'perch_blog',
        'perch_events',
        'perch_forms',
        'perch_gallery',
        'perch_twitter',
        'perch_shop_foxycart',
    );
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok, it looks like you're hitting some sort of issue. Have you checked your server error log?

There's nothing out of the ordinary showing up in my server logs. This is showing up in both my localdev environment and on my development server for this site, but not for any other Perch sites. I have about 15 Perch sites currently running on both my local Mac, and on my development Mac server. This issue is only showing up on this site, not on any of my other builds. Both are running identical Mac OS versions, and both are running identical MAMP versions. This is probably my oldest Perch site, was originally built on one of the first iterations of Perch 2 - so possibly that could have something to do with it, that it has been upgraded so many times?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Presumably your diagnostics don't just terminate like that on your other sites, do they?

Just checked the extended diagnostics on a few of my other Perch sites - checked in my localdev, on my sandbox server and on my live servers. They all terminate like that. Checked sites running 2.8.11 and 2.8.13.

The LIVE version of this site in particular does have more on the extended diagnostics report, and that is shown below. Note that this issue is happening on some content areas on the live site using the text-block.html template (but not all the text-block areas).

Viewing Diagnostic Information
Diagnostics report
PERCH INFORMATION

Perch: 2.8.13
Production mode: Production (100)
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_events (1.6.1), perch_forms (1.8.3), perch_gallery (2.5.1), perch_shop_foxycart (2), perch_blog (3.6.1), perch_twitter (2.0.2)
DB driver: PDO
DB tables: perch2_blog_authors, perch2_blog_categories, perch2_blog_comments, perch2_blog_posts, perch2_blog_posts_to_categories, perch2_blog_posts_to_tags, perch2_blog_tags, perch2_categories, perch2_category_counts, perch2_category_sets, perch2_content_index, perch2_content_items, perch2_content_regions, perch2_content_resources, perch2_events, perch2_events_categories, perch2_events_to_categories, perch2_forms, perch2_forms_responses, perch2_gallery_albums, perch2_gallery_image_versions, perch2_gallery_images, perch2_navigation, perch2_navigation_pages, perch2_page_templates, perch2_pages, perch2_resource_log, perch2_resource_tags, perch2_resources, perch2_resources_to_tags, perch2_settings, perch2_shop_categories, perch2_shop_log, perch2_shop_orders, perch2_shop_product_option_values, perch2_shop_product_options, perch2_shop_products, perch2_shop_products_to_categories, perch2_user_privileges, perch2_user_role_privileges, perch2_user_roles, perch2_users
Users: 6
App runtimes:
<?php
    $apps_list = array(
        'content', 
        'categories',
        'perch_blog',
        'perch_comments',
        'perch_events',
        'perch_forms',
        'perch_gallery',
        'perch_members',
        'perch_twitter',
        'perch_shop_foxycart',
    );
Editor plug-ins: ckeditor, tinymce, markitup, redactor
H1: d9a97ec9fc8a32877f18175beb93fcdf
L1: ecae09e7905c51808f44775a090e5015
headerColour: #ffffff
content_singlePageEdit: 1
helpURL:
siteURL: /
hideBranding: 1
content_collapseList: 1
lang: en-gb
latest_version: 2.8.8
update_2.1.3: done
perch_blog_post_url: /post.php?s={postSlug}
headerScheme: light
perch_blog_slug_format: %Y-%m-%d-{postTitle}
perch_events_detail_url: /events/event.php?event={eventSlug}
dashboard: 0
content_hideNonEditableRegions: 0
perch_blog_comment_notify: 1
perch_gallery_basicUpload: 0
perch_blog_akismet_key: 6788e4325c1d
update_2.3.2: done
perch_shop_foxycart_update: 2.0
perch_shop_foxy_url: https://burgerlounge.foxycart.com/cart
perch_shop_foxy_api: 8KUAr1jCThItcQPwimSr9IT8rAM8mx6k8UKtPVZy3yV9fAzsMhIMRwPcWwa9
perch_shop_product_url: /shop/product.php?s={productSlug}
perch_shop_foxy_security: 0
perch_shop_display_oos: 0
update_2.8.13: done
on_sale_version: 2.8.13
PERCH_DEVELOPMENT: 10
PERCH_STAGING: 50
PERCH_PRODUCTION: 100
PERCH_DB_USERNAME: burgerlounge
PERCH_DB_SERVER: db2.fatheaddesign.com
PERCH_DB_DATABASE: fhd_burgerlounge
PERCH_DB_PREFIX: perch2_
PERCH_TZ: America/Los_Angeles
PERCH_EMAIL_FROM: gregg@fatheaddesign.com
PERCH_EMAIL_FROM_NAME: Gregg Tomlinson
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/vhosts/burgerlounge.com/httpdocs/perch
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/vhosts/burgerlounge.com/httpdocs/perch/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/vhosts/burgerlounge.com/httpdocs/perch/resources
PERCH_RESPATH: /perch/resources
PERCH_HTML5: 1
PERCH_ERROR_MODE: ECHO
PERCH_RUNWAY:
PERCH_DATE_LONG: %d %B %Y
PERCH_DATE_SHORT: %d %b %Y
PERCH_TIME_SHORT: %H:%M
PERCH_TIME_LONG: %H:%M:%S
PERCH_DEBUG:
PERCH_PREVIEW_ARG: preview
PERCH_TEMPLATE_PATH: /var/www/vhosts/burgerlounge.com/httpdocs/perch/templates
PERCH_DEFAULT_DOC: index.php
PERCH_DEFAULT_EXT: .php
PERCH_PRODUCTION_MODE: 100
PERCH_RWD:
PERCH_HTML_ENTITIES:
PERCH_SSL:
PERCH_STRIPSLASHES:
PERCH_PROGRESSIVE_FLUSH: 1
PERCH_AUTH_PLUGIN:
PERCH_DB_CHARSET: utf8
PERCH_DB_PORT:
PERCH_DB_SOCKET:
PERCH_SESSION_TIMEOUT_MINS: 20
HOSTING SETTINGS

PHP: 5.5.22
Zend: 2.5.0
SAPI: cgi-fcgi
Safe mode: not detected
MySQL client: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $
MySQL server: 5.5.39
Extensions: Core, date, ereg, libxml, openssl, pcre, sqlite3, zlib, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dba, dom, hash, fileinfo, filter, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, SPL, iconv, session, json, ldap, mbstring, mcrypt, standard, mysql, mysqli, pcntl, mysqlnd, PDO, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, Phar, posix, pspell, Reflection, imap, shmop, SimpleXML, soap, sockets, exif, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tidy, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlreader, xmlrpc, xmlwriter, xsl, zip, cgi-fcgi, mhash
GD: Yes
ImageMagick: No
PHP max upload size: 128M
PHP max form post size: 8M
PHP memory limit: 512M
Total max uploadable file size: 8M
Session timeout: 24 minutes
Native JSON: Yes
Filter functions: Yes
Transliteration functions: No
PATH: /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
PP_CUSTOM_PHP_INI: /var/www/vhosts/system/burgerlounge.com/etc/php.ini
PP_CUSTOM_PHP_CGI_INDEX: fastcgi55
REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/?extended
QUERY_STRING: extended
REQUEST_METHOD: GET
SERVER_PROTOCOL: HTTP/1.1
GATEWAY_INTERFACE: CGI/1.1
REMOTE_PORT: 53164
SCRIPT_FILENAME: /var/www/vhosts/burgerlounge.com/httpdocs/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
SERVER_ADMIN: gregg@fatheaddesign.com
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/vhosts/burgerlounge.com/httpdocs
REMOTE_ADDR: 50.141.204.133
SERVER_PORT: 80
SERVER_ADDR: 108.166.58.49
SERVER_NAME: burgerlounge.com
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache
SERVER_SIGNATURE: <address>Apache Server at burgerlounge.com Port 80</address>
HTTP_COOKIE: cmsa=1; PHPSESSID=268c77f3teke7flmcfgvrcv6o5
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-US,en;q=0.8
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate, sdch
HTTP_REFERER: https://burgerlounge.com/perch/core/settings/diagnostics/
HTTP_USER_AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_10_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/45.0.2454.85 Safari/537.36
HTTP_UPGRADE_INSECURE_REQUESTS: 1
HTTP_ACCEPT: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/webp,*/*;q=0.8
HTTP_CONNECTION: close
HTTP_HOST: burgerlounge.com
UNIQUE_ID: VfgJ3GymOjEAAEHKLnoAAAAI
FCGI_ROLE: RESPONDER
PHP_SELF: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
REQUEST_TIME_FLOAT: 1442318812.7143
REQUEST_TIME: 1442318812
Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I think you'll need to figure out what error is being thrown on that diagnostics report. I looks like something fairly serious if it's killing the page output. If it's not being logged you may need to adjust your server settings to log errors.