Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Add-on-development, Feathers

Using more than one Feather

I use the Quill Feather and I'm developing a new Feather from another HTML/CSS framework. So, some of my pages will be using Quill and some will be using my framework feather. If I am using

<?php perch_get_css(); ?>

in a framework.meta.php Perch layouts file, is it possible to specify the css from my feather, not Quill? And the same for

<?php perch_get_javascript(); ?>

I've been reading the docs here https://docs.grabaperch.com/api/feathers/ but cannot see a way to do this.

Thanks!

Clive Walker

Clive Walker 22 points

• 7 years ago

Just to add that my style sheet names are different but the pages appear to be using both Quill and new Feather CSS

Can't you just name the method in your own feather differently? Like get_my_css?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The first argument to perch_get_css() is an options array that is passed through to the feather.

Have some understanding of options array and writing own method in the feather. Can you point me to an example where this is done in another feather? so that I only output the CSS from my feather and not Quill?

I can take the Quill feather out of perch/config/feathers.php of course but that's not what I wanted to do at the moment.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I can't think of any examples other than the Sass feather. The idea is you can control what the feather outputs from the page by passing options across.

OK, thanks