Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Forms

Form success message after submission

I have my Contact Form at the bottom of the page of a single page website. After submitting the form, the page refreshes to the top of the page, with the success message way at the bottom (The user must scroll down to see it). If I change the "redirection on success" field in the options to a div with an id, the page will reload and remain at the Contact section, however, it does not display the success message. Any suggestions on how I can get the page to remain (reload) at the contact div and display the success message?

Richy Thomas

Richy Thomas 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Set the action attribute to use the fragment identifier you're trying to target. e.g.

action="#myform"

Works great thank you

As we move more to responsive sites are there plans to make it easier to make form success messages more inline? There are plenty of tutorials out there to make ajax contact forms but with perch this would mean digging into the app controller I believe?

Andrew Cetnarskyj said:

As we move more to responsive sites are there plans to make it easier to make form success messages more inline? There are plenty of tutorials out there to make ajax contact forms but with perch this would mean digging into the app controller I believe?

I would definately second a need for this. Even if this is something for developers to do if it is possible to take <perch:success> and a tag for all form errors as its own template that could place elsewhere or top of the page that would be a help.