Forum

Thread tagged as: Showcase, Runway, Shop

Perch shop for e-commerce clothing store?

Hi all,

I've used Perch for several projects in the past and had a really good experience with it, however, I've used Runway or Perch Shop before and I've got an upcoming medium-sized project for a new UK based clothing brand, so I'm looking into different options, I'd love to use Perch shop to handle online sales but not if it's there yet as I been able to find any real-world examples.

So my question is do you think Perch Shop is at a point in development where it can handle reasonably complex eCommerce store yet? I would use Runway with Shop as I imagine the project will warrant it.

Also if anyone can share their own recent shop projects and thoughts I'd really appreciate it.

It may go without saying but this is in no way a diss towards the Perch CMS because I love Perch, I just haven't used it for a while and there have been a fair few developments since then.

Michael Levett

Michael Levett 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

What features are you looking for?

Things like:

• Product variants
  • Currency selection
  • Accepting card payments with Stripe / PayPal
  • User registration with Facebook or other
  • Product filtering (by price, or custom attributes)
  • Customer notification emails (order confirmation)

Some of these like product filtering I don't necessarily expect out of the box of course, but just wondering if any functionality like that is included by default at the moment.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

There's no Facebook integration, so it's probably not suitable.

Do you think I could build that into the membership addon with relative ease?

If not, it's something I'd definitely like to see implemented in the future if you don't mind the suggestion as I think it can be useful to increase conversion rate in some instances.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Do you think I could build that into the membership addon with relative ease?

Without knowing your ability that's hard to say. It could be done technically.

If not, it's something I'd definitely like to see implemented in the future

It's something I'd like to see too.