Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Forum

CSS addition so old forum posts are more legible

I always try to search for previous answers before posting a new thread/question. Unfortunately the old forums are hard to read because of some floating issues that push all the text together (at least in my browser of choice, Chrome).

If you'd be willing to add .forum-post { clear: both; } that will make the old forums much easier to read and maybe help people get answers to their questions without posting a duplicate/similar thread.

Alternatively, removing "float:left" from ".docs-page .content" would also do the trick.

I know the old forums are being phased out, but there are still lots of helpful answers and ideas in there.

Thanks for your consideration!

Kirk Roberts

Kirk Roberts 0 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

I'll add it to my list but to be honest the old forums currently are causing more problems than assistance as people dig up old stuff that isn't relevant anymore. I'll be very happy when I feel I can take them offline, and would prefer people post a new question so we can give up to date advice.

I'm not sure how we deal with that in the future without just deleting things on a rolling basis. There is some "evergreen" content posted. However because we add things based on the stuff we see people struggling with, if we say "x isn't a feature" one month - it may well be by the next time someone searches for it.

As an example we've introduced Categories now so there are going to be masses of posts where we were helping people do things that Categories solves properly. The advice now would be a link to the categories docs!

I see, thanks for the response. Sounds frustrating! Hopefully the old forums won't go away completely because there are still some useful nuggets in there. Perhaps a stronger disclaimer at the top warning about stale content?

Rachel Andrew said:

As an example we've introduced Categories now so there are going to be masses of posts where we were helping people do things that Categories solves properly. The advice now would be a link to the categories docs!

Your example is quite coincidental because I had been searching to see if the Gallery app works with Categories yet!