Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Runway

Collections menu link on the left of admin pages

I've been instructing my Runway clients about how to reach the Collections page. After several months, one of them's told me they can't see it.

As Admin, I see 'Collections' on the left, under 'Pages'. An Editor doesn't seem to be able to see this, and I can't find a setting within Roles to allow it. Have I missed something or is this not possible?

Or perhaps the only way (right way) is to tick the relevant boxes under 'Manage from this page' in the Settings of the relevant pages?

Thanks, Graham

Graham Street

Graham Street 17 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Have you looked at the menu manager in settings?

Got it (and hadn't visited it before). I can see how I can add one (or more) collection items to the Editor Menu. But I can't see a way of adding the entire Collections page (if there is a way of doing this). I'm trying to avoid having to add every collection individually to the menu, if possible.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You shouldn't need to do that. If the item hasn't been hidden and the role has permissions then the link should appear.

I've now sorted this out. Haven't quite got to what I was looking for, but its very close and the customers are happy they can now reach the 'Collections' link I've been telling them about. :-)

I have the same problem, Can you share how you got it to show up? Thanks! Monty

I could only find a way of adding an entry under 'My Site'. I really wanted to add the entry under 'Pages' (the first page you see when logged on, and as it appears to an admin user) but I could not find a way to do that. So, this is how I added 'Collections' to 'My Site' for an editor (actually, for any logged on user) ...

Settings, Menu Manager, My Site, + Add Item (top right)

Set Title to 'Collections', link to URL of 'manage/collections', and For users with privilege of 'log in'.

ah, smart! thanks!