Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Perch Admin Page Listing in MS Edge

I have a client who is unable to "twirl open" the page hierarchy on Perch Runway Admin - "Listing Pages" since the site was upgraded to Perch 3. The page works normally on all other browsers including IE. Perch Runway version 3.0.10.

I've reproduced this locally with Edge 38 on both sites upgraded from Perch 2 and new Perch 3 installations.

Kevin Jackson

Kevin Jackson 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Could you clarify what you mean by twirl open? Do you get any console errors?

Drew

No console errors.

By “twirl open” I mean access the sub page hierarchy using the arrow icon (chevron within circle). I've reproduced it with Edge 38 and Edge 40.

Kevin

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I shall see if I can get a Windows machine to test on.

Thanks, I've heard a comment that there is a "sweet spot" at the edge of the icon that sometimes works, but it is small. I'm also not on a Windows machine at the moment so can't confirm this.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

We'll take a look.

Drew

Any update on this? I had persuaded the client to use IE as an alternative in the short term but have now discovered an issue with IE. Client is going crazy!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

It's something we'll look at and address in a future release. I don't have any sort of update for you right now.

Drew

This (together with the IE issue I've reported) makes Perch 3 unuseable in any company who have standardised on the Windows default browser.

This gives the impression that Perch is only suitable in small businesses where browser choise is not set by policy. Is that really the case?

Kevin

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No, it's just you are asking us to prioritize your fix over other issues some of which are impacting more customers. It's in the queue to be investigated and fixed. If we can reproduce the issue then I have no doubt we'll fix it.

Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

Hello Kiven,

This seems to be a bug in Edge (rather than a shortfall in Perch). As a developer I'm sure you realise how it is not possible to keep up with all browser-specific bugs.

While the Perch team may not get to this issue straight away due to their schedule, we as developers sure can come up with a quick fix in the meantime. Perch allows you to add custom CSS and JavaScript to the control panel interface. Since this is a front-end issue, adding custom CSS or JavaScript is probably all you need.

For this particular bug, all you need is CSS. To add custom CSS, you need to create the folder perch/addons/plugins/ui if it doesn't already exist.

Create a CSS file inside the folder (let's call it styles.css) with the following:

td .toggle svg{
    pointer-events: none;
}

Next you need to create a _config.inc file inside the same directory and link your styles.css

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/perch/addons/plugins/ui/styles.css" />

That's it. I doubt this would create issues in other browsers; I only tested this in Edge and Chrome.

Simon Clay

Simon Clay 127 points

Hi Kevin,

A very quick fix to this would be to go to Settings > General, and uncheck 'Collapse content list'. This should make it usable until the issue is resolved.

Thanks Hussein and Simon, I can confirm the CSS fix works.

Much appreciated.