Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Hosting

editing the website content ( from dev to running)

I have a perch website hosted online . I made some changes to the source code. My edited website running correctly on my local server (localhost), i want to apply the changes i made to my code to the running website. How can apply the changes ? Thank you

xxxx xxxx

xxxx xxxx 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Yes, it does thank you, but once i created the pages with html code on my localhost, i was able to see them on the control panel of my hosted websitewithout having to do a thing. this didn't happend with some of the changes i applied to the template though. Do i have to redo all these steps for that. From what i just read i'm guessing its a no, but i'm sure.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

After making a change to your template, click Save on the content to refresh the cache.

I did save my html pages, they appear on localhost, but i want the same thing to show on my hosted website www.test.com once i entered www.test.com/perch i was able to see the pages and regions created on my local server without having to upload anything ,However the images dont show since they're on the hosting server , is there anyway i can show them on my locally hosted website (localhost) thank you for you help

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, they need to be on the server.

thank you for you help, just one last question is it possible to know the hosting server from the licence on my perchcms account

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No, we know nothing about your hosting.