Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Configuration

Fixing a site on a Development Server That was Built in a Sub-Directory on MAMP

Firstly, I've built 3-4 sites over the last 5 years. Two of which used Perch. I'm not a full time developer. I now realise that developing on MAMP locally, I shouldn't use a sub-directory. I did because I have 3 ongoing projects. I won't do this again.

Perch worked great on MAMP, I've since moved it to a development server, (which I don't have control of), before moving to the live server.

The content is visible in the Perch Cpanel but only the shared regions are displaying in the 'html', all other regions are blank.

Could anyone steer me towards a fix for this issue, or do I have to start again adding all the content (over 140 pages) on my local server, without using a sub-directory?

I would be very grateful for any help.

Here's the diagnostics report: Health check

Setup folder is present and should be deleted Perch is up to date PHP 5.6.30 is up to date MySQL 5.6.32-78.1 is up to date Image processing available Summary information

Perch: 3.1.2, PHP: 5.6.30, MySQL: 5.6.32-78.1, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (3.1.2), assets (3.1.2), categories (3.1.2), perch_forms (1.12) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ 'perch_forms' ]; PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /home1/silverpe/websites/tdc-website-test/perch PERCH_CORE: /home1/silverpe/websites/tdc-website-test/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /home1/silverpe/websites/tdc-website-test/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD Imagick PHP limits: Max upload 64M, Max POST 64M, Memory: 256M, Total max file upload: 64M F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807 Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home1/silverpe/websites/tdc-website-test HTTP_HOST: www.tdcweb.alps-it.com REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Ben Langridge

Ben Langridge 0 points

• 2 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you go to the Location tab under any region, you can update the path that is stored for that region. You'd need to remove the subdirectory part.

Thanks Drew

I did eventually find the fix but by using a google search, rather than the forum (where many of the relevant threads were discontinued) despite an hour or so of searching.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It can often be more efficient to search for existing answers than post a duplicate, especially over a weekend.