Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem, Blog

`start` not working with `perch_blog_custom`

Hello,

Using start in perch_blog_custom doesn't seem to be working. Changing the value doesn't affect the output, it still always shows me the same three items. Is this something that you guys can replicate or a problem on my end?

Interested to know, can easily fix it with a CSS solution as I'm just trying to skip the first entry.

Thanks,

Alex

<?php  
    perch_blog_custom(array(
        'count' => 3,
        'start' => 2,
        'template' => 'link_list.html',
        'sort' => 'postDateTime',
        'sort-order' => 'DESC'
    ));
?>
Perch: 2.8.13, PHP: 5.6.7, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Darwin, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (2.8.13), assets (2.8.13), categories (2.8.13), perch_blog (4.6), perch_forms (1.8.3)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', 'perch_forms' );
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /admin
PERCH_PATH: /Users/alex/Sites/eaheli/webroot/admin
PERCH_CORE: /Users/alex/Sites/eaheli/webroot/admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /Users/alex/Sites/eaheli/webroot/admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD
PHP limits: Max upload 32M, Max POST 32M, Memory: -1M, Total max file upload: -1M
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: localhost:5757
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /Users/alex/Sites/eaheli/webroot
REQUEST_URI: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Digital Team

Digital Team 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Try turning pagination off - it's on by default and so start won't work.

I'm having exactly the same issue right now. Turned pagination off as you suggested, but still no joy. Pagination isn't actually listed as an option for perch_blog_custom() either.

Drew, do you still get notified of this thread or do I need to open a new one? I'm still struggling with this. Thanks.

Wolf, it's best to always start your own thread and reference another thread if your having the same problem. While Drew and others are notified with additional posts to old threads, jumping an older thread is unhelpful to others who rely on the solutions of that thread.