Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Importing blog posts in upgrade from Perch 1 to Perch 2

I'm updating a site from Perch 1 to Perch 2. All installed with Blog app and Upgrade app. Have imported Users, Settings and Content successfully. However, when I click the Blog posts import button the next screen says "Importing Blog Posts" and is blank below that. No posts are imported when I go back to Blog.

Debug info does not show a message on the blank screen.

Not seen this happen before. Is there anything else I need to do?

Clive Walker

Clive Walker 22 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Anything in your PHP error log?

This is in the error log

PHP Fatal error: Class 'PerchBlog_Categories' not found in /home/classic-bags/public_html/perch/addons/apps/perch_upgrade/PerchUpgrade.class.php on line 299

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Ah. Ok. That would be a problem then. Categories don't exist in the current Blog app, but the Upgrade app clearly needs updating to address that. (We don't get many upgrades this far down the line.)

The simplest, quickest fix is to use Blog 4.1, do the import, and then update it to the new version.

https://grabaperch.com/add-ons/download/perchblogv4.1.zip

Thanks. That's fixed it. I will upgrade from Blog 4.1 to Blog 4.5.2 later today.

I have a few more sites that need to be upgraded and I'll use 4.1 blog for those.

Just a heads up that I had a similar issue just now, where I'm upgrading a blog from Perch 1 to Perch 2, everything imported fine (Users, Settings, Content, Events) but Blogs came back with a blank screen.

Oddly I didn't get anything in the error log.

Thankfully I saw this post (handy timing) and did as Drew suggested, using Blog 4.1, imported with that and then upgraded to the latest version.

Thanks guys.

Hello,

I'm trying an upgrade now from Perch 1.8.2 - getting the same error. The download link to blog 4.1 above isn't working, could anyone post another one please? Or - is there any newer way around this problem?

Many thanks :)

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

Gareth, please raise your own ticket giving details of your issue including a Diagnostics Report.