Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Repeaters maxing out at 111 items

Hi,

Can you assist in informing me if there is a limit to the number of repeaters in a region? I have a region that allows adding of map markers that are output into a script that interacts with google maps to display the markers.

The content editor has just informed me that after a certain number of regions the script breaks. After investigation I see that it is because the entries that output to the script get cut short as follows:

['Barratt East London', '<p>Block E, St. Andrews, Devas Street, Bromley-By-Bow, London, E3 3NT</p>', 'metalWork', '51.523233', '-0.013033', '',], ['Boygues', '<p>University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB</p>', 'dryLining', '51.751630', '-0.243019', '',], ['Boygues', '<p>University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, Hertfordshire, AL10 9AB</p>', 'metalWork', '51.751630', '-0.243019', '',], ['Countryside Properties', '<p>Phase…

Is this a limitation in MySql table cells?

Adam Menczykowski

Adam Menczykowski 1 points

• 7 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

No, it's a limitation with your PHP configuration. You might be able to change it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/10303714/php-max-input-vars

The idea for repeaters is they are used for small amounts of content. Use a regular multiple item region in list/detail edit mode to avoid this.

Wow! I can't believe I hadn't looked into this. I have never used Multiple items before, if I had known about them I would have saved a lot of hassle rebuilding templates for various situations.Oh well I'm going to have to do a little bit of recoding for the template and tell the content editor he is going to have to re input the first 100 of 400 items but at least it will be a more reliable solution.

Thanks Rachel

Adam

The content editor has re-input the information again using multiple items in list/edit mode however the same issue is now happening as above, the data is truncated with a ... at the end after a similar number of regions.

I thought that simply moving over to multiple item region in list/detail edit mode would avoid this. It seems like it hasn't.

Is this due to the php configuration?

Is the fact that the string is getting truncated due to a php or mysql setting?

Tried increasing max_input_vars to 20000 but still getting truncated.

On inspecting the field in the database, all items are present and correct - 669 lines when pasted into Sublime text.

however when inspecting the page's html output, if I copy as HTML the output for this area, it is as it should be, however in the developer tools inspector it is shown to have a '...' at the end. This truncation is what is breaking the page.

Can you give me an insight into what point it is that the item is getting shortened? It seems the database is storing it correctly, the browser gives me the correct data if I right-click to copy, but the actual page output is shorter?

Not to worry, I found that a content region was breaking my script because of a line break. Is there a way to force textarea regions to disallow line breaks?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

A textarea without a line break is a text field.

Thanks,

If I have a bunch of regions that already contain content and I change the content item to be a text field, is there a way to avoid losing that data?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I think smarttext has the same data structure.

The only other way would be to make a new field type that acts like textarea but displays as text.

Thank you Drew I'll give it a try.