Forum

Thread tagged as: Error, Runway

No Search Results

This seems like a similar issue to this:

https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/08-21-2014-perch-search-no-results

I tried to search for something in a fresh install of Runway. I'd installed Blog and Events apps, but not posted a blog post or an event, and found I was getting no search results. I turned on debug and found that there was an error relating to tables not existing - I think perch2_blog_sections and perch2_events.

I guess these tables are only created when the first post is made to the app - having created a test post in each, I found that the search results showed correctly. After deleting the test posts, I found that the search results still show up (which is why I'm a little sketchy on the error message in DEBUG I'm afraid).

I guess it would be ideal if the search routine still worked even if there is data missing.

Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

The issue is that you've not completed the install of the apps, so your site is in an inconsistent state.

You don't need to make test posts, just visit the apps in the control panel so they can self-install.

Ah OK - I was fairly sure I'd visited the app home pages and tried the search again and still got the error. I may be wrong about that though I guess. Will look out for it on my next build.

For example when I visited the blog app page in Runway Admin I still was seeing errors in Debug on that page about tables being missing. Not a major issue as it's working now. Agree it may not be a true bug, but still feels a little bug-ish.

As I say, it's working now though which is the main thing. Thanks for your help.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Those errors you saw would then be followed by the create table statements to fix the errors.

Ah, OK.