Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Members, Shop

Migrating Members to using shop

Hi, I had built a site a few years ago using the shop_paypal app. It was for applying for and paying for applications for a festival. So the customers all have members accounts. I'm migrating to the new Shop app and I've gotten the products ported over and the checkout is working etc... except for the "Customer" part. How do I create a "Customer" entry programatically for each member that logs in, so they don't have to recreate their account and so that when they checkout, their customer data will be included with their order ? is there by any chance a perch_shop_registration function that I could populate with their member data ? Or maybe someone has a better solution ? Thanks a million

Dylan Rynhart

Dylan Rynhart 0 points

• 3 years ago

Dylan, I am pretty sure if there is a member account... then there is a shop account with the exception to address and purchase details. The customer would need to enter addres info with their next order, but the membership has already been established and should carry over.

Thanks Robert, But there seems to be some difference between the two, or they don't translate automatically. I'm getting this error when I try to process the cart without a "customer" account :

Fatal error: Call to a member function customerFirstName() on a non-object in .../perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/lib/gateways/PerchShopGateway_default.class.php on line 239

But if I add a customer with the same email address as my member account, then it works fine ? I'm guessing that it's because the member was registered initially without creating a "customer" account ?

My workflow is like this: 1) Members login to their account. 2) Adds products to their cart. 3) Checkout is called via

perch_shop_checkout('paypal-express', [
            'return_url' => 'https://.../account',
            'cancel_url' => 'https://.../account',
        ]);

Members App was setup as first_name, last_name, so that would explain the error not matching up... but honestly, I don't know because I have not set up in the same way before... so I was going with a guess in my response... :(

Hey Robert, That could be it ? I adjusted the members registration initially to be full_name instead of first_name and last_name. I guess that's come back to bite me. Could it be that my error is caused by Perch trying to get the first_name and last_name from the member record and it's not there ?

I’d love to say I know, but I am not sure. Since I’ve not encountered same before I would just be guessing. Might try on my dev if I get a chance.