Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Installation, Shop

Payment gateway setup: perch/config/shop.php not where expected

I am following the directions on this page: https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/shop/gateways/paypal-express/ to set up a PayPal Express gateway in Perch Shop (running on Runway), but the files don't appear to be organized out of the box the way the docs reference them.

The docs say...

In your perch/config/shop.php file, add your settings for PayPal Express.

But I have no perch/config/shop.php file. My file structure, immediately after install, looks like this:

screenshot of file tree

It looks like my Perch Shop files are all organized under perch/addons/apps/perch_shop:

screenshot of Perch Shop file tree

Is this different from the docs because there was a change, or did I make a mistake during the installation?

For what it's worth, the Shop appears to be working correctly within the dashboard.

Lindsay Masten

Lindsay Masten 0 points

• 3 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

If you don't have a perch/config/shop.php file yet, create it. The docs tell you exactly what should be in it.

Weird report—I went to create the shop.php config file and got an alert from my FTP app that it already existed, it was just momentarily invisible. I don't know what was up with that, but the problem solved itself.

My confusion was that I thought the shop.php config file normally is auto-created when shop is installed; I didn't want to create a duplicate.

Thanks, I guess I was right and Yummy FTP is just conspiring against me.