Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Error

Issue with migration

Hi there

I am migrating my current lovebedford.co.uk and using https://lovebedford.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/

However, none of the pages are working even though they're on the new server and I can't figure out why. I suspect it's just a directory/folder issue as it's saying:

No such file or directory in /var/sites/l/lovebedford.co.uk/public_html/index.php on line 1

When I guess it should be /lovebedford.gridhosted.co.uk?

Please help!

Thanks

Rich

Rich Hemery

Rich Hemery 0 points

• 6 years ago

is it something to do with:

define('PERCH_PATH', str_replace(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'config', '', dirname(__FILE__)));
define('PERCH_CORE', PERCH_PATH.DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR.'core');

in my config file?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

No, that looks correct.

Did you get a pass from the server compatibility test?

I did yes, I have two other perch CMS's installed on the same server.

this is diagnostic report:

Perch: 2.8.14, PHP: 5.4.42, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.10 - 20111026 - $Id: c85105d7c6f7d70d609bb4c000257868a40840ab $, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.14), assets (2.8.14), categories (2.8.14), perch_events (1.8), perch_news (3.7.6), perch_backup (1.2) App runtimes: <?php include(PERCH_PATH.'/core/apps/content/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_blog/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_events/runtime.php'); include(PERCH_PATH.'/addons/apps/perch_news/runtime.php'); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /var/sites/l/lovebedford.co.uk/public_html/perch PERCH_CORE: /var/sites/l/lovebedford.co.uk/public_html/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/sites/l/lovebedford.co.uk/public_html/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M Resource folder writeable: Yes DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/sites/l/lovebedford.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/public_html HTTP_HOST: lovebedford.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php

Bear in mind this is for lovebedford.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk which is a 'preview' of my site, because obviously I've not changed the DNS etc. of lovebedford.co.uk yet.

It is only pages that use the /pages that are failing.

e.g. this works OK (minus the error at the top): https://lovebedford.co.uk.gridhosted.co.uk/news/

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Did you develop the site on Windows?

I just develop on the server rather than locally.

It's a Linux server, same as the other two Perch sites I have hosted if that helps.

As well as migrating the site, I'm also upgrading from Perch 2.3 to the most recent, if that would make any difference.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Does it work locally?

I have never worked locally I'm afraid, don't know how to do it. I have contacted my host to see if there's anything stopping it not working as I guess it must be down to the PHP include...

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Looks like the current error you have is:

Call to undefined function perch_news_custom()

There's something amiss there. The perch_ developer prefix suggests it's one of our apps, but we have no app with that name.