Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Suggestions

Search Collections, Duplicate Collections

Is there a way in the Admin side to search for items in a collection? I can see that search works for Page regions, but not necessarily collection items.

Also, is there a way to duplicate a collection somehow - I have a list of projects, which I'm putting in a "Projects" collection. Just realising that some of the projects relate to the same church, so perhaps there should be a "churches" collection. Much quicker than re-entering would be to just duplicate the collection, then tweak the templates and delete the duplicates (then go through and relate them). Probably not, but I thought I would ask.

Paul Bell

Paul Bell 0 points

• 6 years ago

Would be handy if collection pagination let me jump straight to the last page too. (I'm adding items from a spreadsheet, and sometimes I want to check where I got up to by looking at the most recently added item).

The category functionality with autocomplete works brilliantly. Is there a way to make a category required? Is there a way to only allow an item to be in one category at most?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

You can search collection content from the sidebar search.

There's nothing built in to duplicate collections.

You can make a category required with the required attribute, I believe.

Update - have realised that required="true" on a category region does it make it required.

Ah - you're right. Collections are searchable from the sidebar. Thanks Drew.