Forum

Thread tagged as: Question

Add custom elements to the admin dashboard

Is there a way to add custom content to the admin dashboard? I am making some basic tutorial videos for a client about how to use their website, and it would be very cool if I could somehow embed them in the dashboard.

Lindsay Masten

Lindsay Masten 0 points

• 3 years ago
Hussein Al Hammad

Hussein Al Hammad 105 points
Registered Developer

If you want to add separate pages (to display the tutorials) to the control panel, you can build a small app to achieve this.

You can always create a regular page on the website and bind the access to the $currentuser being Logged in, I keep meaning to run an experiment on this... lol

Isn't it possible to specify another URL for the Perch admin Help page? There's a setting for that. Then, you could create your own page and the Perch Help link (top right near Logout button) would point to that.

Clive Walker said:

Isn't it possible to specify another URL for the Perch admin Help page? There's a setting for that. Then, you could create your own page and the Perch Help link (top right near Logout button) would point to that.

Good call Clive, now why didn't I think of that?? :)

Clive, that is simplicity itself! Thank you, and also Robert and Hussein for your helpful suggestions.

Yes, thanks Clive. I also didn't know about this. Just building my first site for a client and I'll definitely be adding this feature! Cheers.