Forum

Thread tagged as: Problem

Combination of blocks and repeaters causes CKEditor to not load

I have a template with several types of blocks. One of them contains a CKE field only (named "text"), and another contains a repeater with a CKE field inside (named "accordions"). When editing the region, if I add the "accordions" block, and then add the "text" block after, CKE won't load in the "text" block. Here's the template:

<perch:before><div class="section"></perch:before>
    <div class="section">
        <div class="container">
            <h1><perch:content id="heading" type="text" label="Section Title" required="true" title="true" /></h1>

<perch:blocks>

<perch:block type="text" label="Text" icon="pencil">
                    <div class="editor-wrap">
                        <perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" html="true" editor="ckeditor" imagewidth="1000" />
                    </div>
                </perch:block>

<perch:block type="video" label="Video" icon="video">
                    <div>
                        <a class="popVid icon-play bg-cover" href="<perch:content id="yt_url" type="text" label="YouTube URL" required="true" help="Remove first '&' and everything after. URL should look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yVFCM5BcPU" />" style="background-image:url('<perch:content type="image" id="yt_thumb" label="Thumbnail" width="1000" quality="70" bucket="videos" />');"></a>
                    </div>

<perch:block type="accordions" label="Accordions" icon="list">
                    <div class="editor-wrap acc-wrap">
                        <perch:repeater id="accordions" label="Accordions"><div>
                            <div class="accLink blue intro"><perch:content id="title" type="text" label="Title" required="true" title="true" /></div>
                            <div class="accContent">
                                <perch:content id="text" type="textarea" label="Text" html="true" editor="ckeditor" imagewidth="1000" />
                            </div>
                        </div></perch:repeater>
                    </div>

</perch:blocks>

</div>
    </div>
<perch:after></div></perch:after>

Here's a screenshot of the problem.

Diagnostics:

Perch: 3.0.10, PHP: 5.6.14-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1, MySQL: mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 3c688b6bbc30d36af3ac34fdd4b7b5b787fe5555 $, with PDO
Server OS: Linux, apache2handler
Installed apps: content (3.0.10), assets (3.0.10), categories (3.0.10)
App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = [ ];
PERCH_LOGINPATH: /cca-admin
PERCH_PATH: /var/www/public/calvaryca.dev/cca-admin
PERCH_CORE: /var/www/public/calvaryca.dev/cca-admin/core
PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /var/www/public/calvaryca.dev/cca-admin/resources
Image manipulation: GD Imagick
PHP limits: Max upload 100M, Max POST 100M, Memory: 128M, Total max file upload: 100M
F1: 3b606135b33e6a102526838f4152a807
Resource folder writeable: Yes
HTTP_HOST: calvaryca.dev
DOCUMENT_ROOT: /var/www/public/calvaryca.dev
REQUEST_URI: /cca-admin/core/settings/diagnostics/
SCRIPT_NAME: /cca-admin/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php
Shane Lenzen

Shane Lenzen 18 points

• 3 years ago

Should also mention, I'm using the latest version of CKE from the Perch addons page (https://addons.perchcms.com/perch/resources/ckeditor4.7-1.zip)

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

So you have two different instances of CKEditor plugins?

Have you tried with just one?

Drew, I’m not sure what you’re asking. The blocks and repeaters need CKE in each.

Does it help if you don't repeat id="text"? That appears twice in your template.

John, I didn't think IDs inside repeaters could conflict with those outside. I just tried changing it and the problem persists.

Yeah, you're right, Shane. Sorry about that.

I don't have the ckeditor installed. Just put in MarkItUp, and that worked fine, for what it's worth.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Drew, I’m not sure what you’re asking. The blocks and repeaters need CKE in each.

Do you have multiple CKEditor plugins installed?

No.

Any ideas? It's happening on all browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari), both Win 10 and Mac

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

I've logged it to look into.