Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Shop

Shop Email - order_paid order_dispatched

Hi! I'm not clear on how to get order and shipping email confirms sent out. Is there a section in the docs that I can refer to?
Email in general is coming through fine (reset_password & testing email), but I'm not getting any shop emails automatically if that's what should be happening.
I have an order confirm and shipping confirm email set up in Shop > Emails and they are "enabled." Both have the same (default?) diagnostics:

Time Δ Debug Message 0.0228 0 [1] SELECT u.*, r.* FROM perch2_users u, perch2_user_roles r WHERE u.roleID=r.roleID AND u.userEnabled=1 AND u.userID=1 AND u.userHash='6c3694ab38d38ba722d084e843195f86' LIMIT 1 0.0235 0.0006 UPDATE perch2_users SET userHash='81c028f1d80dfb93e55c67f20fda663a' WHERE userID='1' 0.0237 0.0003 [81] SELECT p.privKey FROM perch2_user_privileges p 0.0261 0.0023 [54] SELECT * FROM (SELECT DISTINCT settingID, settingValue, userID FROM perch2_settings WHERE userID=1 OR userID=0 ORDER BY userID DESC) AS settings GROUP BY settingID, settingValue, userID 0.2685 0.2424 [nil] SELECT collectionID, collectionKey, collectionEditRoles FROM perch2_collections WHERE collectionInAppMenu=1 ORDER BY collectionOrder ASC 0.2777 0.0092 [1] SELECT * FROM perch2_shop_emails WHERE emailID='2' LIMIT 1 0.2845 0.0068 Using template: /templates/shop/emails/order_paid.html 0.2848 0.0003 Using sub-template: /templates/shop/emails/email.html 0.2849 0.0001 Using sub-template: /templates/shop/emails/_email_header.html 0.285 0.0001 Using sub-template: /templates/shop/emails/_email_footer.html 0.3679 0.083 Queries: 7 0.368 0.0001 Memory: 4.7143

Do I have to add app="perch_forms" and do it through forms? If so, not sure where that would go.

Thank you!!

Olympia Kyriakides

Olympia Kyriakides 1 points

• 4 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Forms is an app for sending or storing basic contact forms, nothing to do with Shop.

Do you see the different emails listed inside the Shop app?

I do...I think...the ones that would live here: perch/addons/apps/perch_shop/emails/ in the Perch Admin? I have two enabled. I'm not sure how I should be interacting with them / how they should be interacting with my pages.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

If they're enabled, they should just go out when the orders hit the designated status.

Not happening for me. I'm getting 0.1322 0.0004 No ids to log. -- I feel like I'm missing something. I haven't modified the default templates at all...
How are the appropriate emails aligned to order statues? Is that with the Name field? Email "Name" matches order status?
And then how do they know which template to use. Any new email I set up seems to be using order_paid.html

N.B. I'm currently running 1.0.6 because of my SSL issue. I haven't gotten around to resolving that so that I can update.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

No ids to log is completely unrelated, and isn't an error.

If you edit the email there should be a field to assign the email to the order status. Do you see that?

So sorry Drew, It was an issue of old templates. Got it working now, but with this issue:
https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/10-19-2016-what-would-cause-empty-order-items-shop-email-on-status-change

I'm wondering though, could there be a way of apply 3rd party tracking info to an order_dispatched email, manually or otherwise?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, if you add it to the order it should be available in the order template.

Hi Drew, I just found this from a while back & see that it's still on the roadmap ( I upvoted!): https://forum.grabaperch.com/forum/05-16-2016-admin-order-management

This adding of shipment tracking info is what I was hoping to achieve but I've not had much luck adding a text input field to any of the order templates. If it's possible to get unique tracking applied to an order / order email, could you point me a little closer to the how?

Thank you!

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, have you added the field to your order.html template?

I added

<perch:shop id="tracking" type="text" label="Tracking Number" />

to order.html I don't see it in the order admin.