Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem

Update to 1.8.4 and content regions not showing in admin

I'm upgrading a site to Perch 2 and have just updated to Perch 1.8.4 before I carry out the Perch 1 -> 2 upgrade. My content regions are still present in the database and on the public site but they aren't displayed in admin. In the admin I get the "No Content Yet?" message even though page assignments are listed. Clicking on a page assignment link gives "Sorry, there's currently no content available based on that filter"

I get this output when PERCH_DEBUG is turned on

DIAGNOSTICS:
SELECT * 
FROM perch_users 
WHERE userEnabled='1' 
AND userID=1
AND userHash='5c9e3afafe161bdcccce31f1cbb8f372'
LIMIT 1
UPDATE perch_users SET userHash = '1307ac0282e5a99e5e3ffed0caabfd27' WHERE userID = 1
SELECT settingID, settingValue FROM perch_settings
SELECT contentID, contentKey, contentPage, contentNew, contentOrder, contentTemplate, contentOptions
FROM perch_contentItems
WHERE 1=1 
Invalid query: Unknown column 'contentOrder' in 'field list'
SELECT DISTINCT contentPage
FROM perch_contentItems
ORDER BY contentPage ASC

I should have a contentOrder column in my database? Checking the database, my dev version does have this but the live site database does not. Any suggestions?

Drop table and recreate it from dev version??

Clive Walker

Clive Walker 22 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Did you run the update script?

Yes, that's /perch/update isn't it?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, that's right. Did you get any errors? Do you see the missing column in your database?

The missing column is not in database after running perch/update. The message on page said that everything had updated. No errors on that perch/update page although I didn't have PERCH_DEBUG on when I ran it. I can run again?

No errors in PHP log.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Yes, you can try running it again. It should be ok to run over and over.

Nope, no change. It looks like the statements in update-1.8.sql have not run. I don't understand why not.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Ok. How can I help?

I will run the SQL statements manually. That appears to be the best way forward at this point.

OK, done that and the content is now showing in admin.

Can I give myself a point? ;-)

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Bravo. I'll give you the point!

Thanks!