Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Forms

User Roles - removing permission to delete forms

I set up a user role that is only allowed access to the forms section of the CMS. I also deselected "Delete Forms" so that users with this role will not have the ability to delete forms. Despite having this option unchecked, the user I created with this limited role is still able to delete forms. Is there anything that can be done to fix this bug?

Jenny Browne

Jenny Browne 0 points

• 7 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

Can you describe what you're seeing? That privilege is testing out fine for me here.

When I set up a role with limited access (I have only checked off "Access forms" and "Log in" for this role), and assign it to a User, the user is still able to delete forms. There is a "Delete forms" option in the list of role privileges, but I have not checked it off. So the users I create with that role should not be able to delete forms.

I have upgraded to the most recent versions of Perch and and Perch Forms.

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

When you click on Forms in the Apps menu, you get a list of forms. The URL is:

/perch/addons/apps/perch_forms/

on that page, are you saying that you have red Delete buttons on the right hand side of the listing?

Oh I understand what's going on now. It is actually the responses that I am able to delete. I think I misunderstood "delete forms" to mean "delete responses".

Is there a way to limit a user's access so they cannot delete responses?

Drew McLellan

Perch Support

Not currently, but I'll log it as a request.

Thank you!