Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Gallery, Members

Members Galleries

I'm successfully using the gallery app for a photography site (launching soon). I'd like to add private member galleries..

I'v been trying a few things and racking my brains about how to link the two up but I'm struggling. I've got as far as getting the album list added to the members page but this only allows a single Album to be inked to a member. Repeaters and blocks don't seem to work within the members.html template.

I've considered using a tag which has the same name as the gallery but this seems far too susceptible to user error.

Anyone got any ideas how I could do this.

Members need to be able to be linked to one or more galleries.

Thanks

Caleb Evans

Caleb Evans 1 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

I'd add a field to the album to list the member tags that are allowed to access it.

When you show the album, check the tags against the logged in member.

Thanks Drew.

Is there a way to list member tags in a drop down or similar or should uses just ensure they type the tags correctly?

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We don't have anything build in for that, but I don't think it'd be too hard to do with a custom field type.

OK. I'll give that go. If I write a field type to list tags, I'd be happy to share it of this is of any interest to you.

Here you go...

https://github.com/snavebelac/Perch-Fieldtype-Member-Tags

It's a fairly basic implementation that works for my current project. I'd like to develop it a little to allow multiple tags but I struggled to figure that out quickly.