Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Problem, Forum

Can't understand how templates/regions/blog post.php files etc all connect and w...

I'm still having a hard time with managing the content folders/regions in the Perch main folders and how it all connects to my blog.

For instance I have the post.php file. I want to have my post show up with a customized look. I already designed a full page blog post, but can't seem to get my post content to show.

I have no idea where to put images, how to use uploaded file assets, how to connect them to the posts (for example, in my design I have a banner-like photo in the top part of each post above the header -- how do I get them to link to the assets I upload? Where do I put that code, in post.php? In a separate template file? In an include region?)

I am new to CMS' like Perch and I know it sounds very newbie of me to ask, but I am really confused, and can't seem to understand how the regions and all work together with the blog functions, and how to get my posts to show up with the content (and, if possible, the image I want to put in for each post) that I put into the Perch WYSIWYG editor... I really need step-by-step directions, and none of the videos have been able to help me so far.

Please help!

Diagnostic: Perch: 2.8.31, PHP: 5.6.21, MySQL: 5.5.52, with PDO Server OS: Linux, cgi-fcgi Installed apps: content (2.8.31), assets (2.8.31), categories (2.8.31), perch_blog (5.0) App runtimes: <?php $apps_list = array( 'content', 'categories', 'perch_blog', ); ?> PERCH_LOGINPATH: /perch PERCH_PATH: /nfs/c12/h04/mnt/212604/domains/blog.memurise.com/html/perch PERCH_CORE: /nfs/c12/h04/mnt/212604/domains/blog.memurise.com/html/perch/core PERCH_RESFILEPATH: /nfs/c12/h04/mnt/212604/domains/blog.memurise.com/html/perch/resources Image manipulation: GD PHP limits: Max upload 99M, Max POST 99M, Memory: 99M, Total max file upload: 99M F1: 2edba60ed1f613d6dd804feb202456a2 Resource folder writeable: Yes SCRIPT_NAME: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/index.php REQUEST_URI: /perch/core/settings/diagnostics/ DOCUMENT_ROOT: /home/212604/domains/blog.memurise.com/html HTTP_HOST: blog.memurise.com

Deanna Wright

Deanna Wright 0 points

• 4 years ago
Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

The best place to start is with the example files. Place those into your site and get the blog working as you can then use that as an example.

I'm not sure I know where they are anymore... do you mean the HTML files found in the Templates folder?

Rachel Andrew

Rachel Andrew 394 points
Perch Support

When you downloaded the Blog app, there is a folder of example pages, it's called "blog".

https://docs.grabaperch.com/addons/blog/installation/