Forum

Thread tagged as: Question, Add-on-development, Members

How do I show an image back on the profile form in the members app?

I have taken the Members and modified to process images, the image is saved correctly and added to the memberDetails.

I am having difficulty finding the function / class that deals with showing the updated profile form. All the other data gets re-displayed as you would expect but the form just simple displays the browse button again and not the image saved.

So I presume I need to add some functionality to re-display the image again.

Can you point me in the right direction to which function class deals with the re-displaying of the form?

Daniel Ruffle

Daniel Ruffle 0 points

• 6 years ago
Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

We don't currently have field types for public-facing forms, so you'll probably have to display the image adjacent to the field rather than as part of it.

That is ok, that is all I need to do. I just wanted a pointer to where the code is in the Member app that deals with displaying the form and pulling the data that is already stored?

The $data already has the image filename so that is easy, I am just not sure where the code is the produces the form html.

Drew McLellan

Drew McLellan 2638 points
Perch Support

It should just be there in the form. What does <perch:showall /> give you?

It shows the image row with a filename of profile2.jpg but I don't know how to show that? The image input in the form template then doesn't output that filename? What would I use to display that field?

I have figured it out! Classic rooky mistake, not using <perch:forms />